Supply Chain Management
The supply chain management field continues to evolve from basic contract management with suppliers and distributors to a more proactive, strategic process with business partners and suppliers to create shareholder value. With many the clerical tasks now automated, the purchasing professional is free to work strategically with management. The competitiveness of companies is more and more dependent on the competitiveness of the whole supply chain. Managers of today must understand and lead their companies as a whole, and understand and affect the network they operate in. As company networks are becoming global, managers, too, have to operate internationally.
The program aims to provide you with foundational and advanced knowledge on how to tackle, resolve, and manage a myriad of complex problems and issues that confront supply chain managers. These complex problems and issues arise within the boundaries of an organization as well as across organizations, cutting across traditional domains of sourcing, manufacturing and logistics.
Schedule & Duration Schedule
• Frequency: Once a week
• 6 months
• In Campus Component: The in-campus component is held at the end of the 6 month program. This is a crucial component covering 2 days, which provides the participants an orientation towards case based learning. It is compulsory for all participants. Classroom Component: This component forms the core of the programme. Spread over 6 months, the IOL component consists of 60 instructional hours through the Interactive Onsite Learning Mode.
• Date for 1st Class (on Campus): 17th September 2010 & 18th September 2010
• Program End Date: March 2011
Who Should Attend
The program will be beneficial to a diverse number of supply chain professionals, including:
• People relatively new to the field of supply chain management and who wish to gain strong foundational knowledge from a highly-regarded Institute.
• Professionals who wish to update their knowledge of current thinking and best practices through interaction with faculty engaged in broad-based research and consulting.
• People who would like to network with other supply chain professionals across industries.
• Professionals with Graduation with minimum 50% marks.
• Diploma in any discipline with minimum 50% marks are also eligible to apply.
Program Directors/ FacultyProf.
Karuna Jain and Prof. Indrajit Mukherjee
Total Fee Rs. 66, 250/-(Including Other Fee Rs. 15, 000/-)
• Other Fees include: Campus fees, Assessment Fees and Books & Materials Fees Other Fees will be payable by student directly to “The Registrar, IIT Bombay (CEP A/C)”.
• Boarding & Lodging extra if at the campus
• Campus visit is compulsory for all participants and will be for 2 days. Boarding and lodging will be as per actual
• Introduction to Supply Chain Management
• Supply Chain Strategy and Design
• Metrics for Measuring Supply Chain Performance
• Quantitative Methods for SCM
• Supply Chain Planning and Scheduling
• Inventory Management
• MRP & Vendor Selection Strategy
• Managing Variability in Supply Chain
• Warehouse Management
• Transportation Management
• Supply Chain Co-ordination
• Role of IT in Supply Chain Management
• Human Resource Issues in SCM
• Concepts on Financial & Accounting Methods for SCM
For Admissions Please Contact
Darshana Vyas: 9268730013