>> Program Description
In the early 90s the challenge for advertisers was to cash in on the globalization trend and build a strong brand through aggressive advertising.
The picture today is totaly different. The biggest challenge for today’s marketer is to “connect” with the target audience, which is highly cluttered. It is like trying to successfully park your car in an already over-crowded marketplace. And parking it in such a way that it is visible and in the most attractive place which makes it mandatory for all to actually see it!! The goal today is to create clutter-breaking advertisements that refreshes and draws in the attention of the tired and confused customer!!
Thus, one needs to get equipped with the latest concepts and techniques of advertising and get insights into the strategies to capture the mindshare and eyeballs of the consumer.
The program is structured to prepare students for a successful career in marketing communications and Advertising Management.
Each student is provided numerous opportunities to meet and exchange ideas with industry professionals thereby building an enhanced learning environment.
Students will gain a working knowledge of the advertising business, the role of advertising and its relationship to marketing, and how advertising plans are developed from initial concept to finished creative and media plans.
Placement Assistance will be provided by MICA
The program has been endorsed by leading Advertising Agencies, Electronic Media Houses and Publications
>> Course Content
- Introduction to Marketing
- Introduction to Marketing Research
- Introduction to Advertising
- Introduction to Consumer Behaviour
- Profiling of Target Audience
- Project Break
- Introduction to Marketing Communications
- Introduction to Retail and Retail Communications
- Introduction to Media (Conventional and New Media)
- Socio-Cultural Ethical Issues in Advertising
- Introduction to Advertising Agency and Roles
- Goals and Role of Advertising
- Role of Advertising In Brand Building
- Rural Advertising
- Digital Media and Internet Advertising
- Culture and Communication
- Introduction to media software
- Workshop on creative brief writing
- Introduction to PR and Tools of PR
- Role of PR in IMC
- Role of PR in Crisis Communication
>> Campus component
There will be a five-day campus workshop on media software at MICA. The workshop will be residential in nature and charged on actuals. It includes accommodation, food expenses and local travel.
The teaching approach will be highly interactive taking advantage of the technological benefits. The pedagogy followed for the program will be judicious blend of lectures, real life case studies ,quizzes, assignments etc.
>> Program Methodology
The sessions will be delivered on HughesNet Global Education Interactive learning platform. The heart of platform is a powerful user interface that enables large number of geographically distributed students to have a highly interactive ‘One to One’ exchange with a central faculty. The system incorporates live broadcast video, two ways audit and data interactivity to enable the student to watch and interact with the faculty live on their PC’s. The program can be beamed at any of the Hughes Net Global Education, Hughes Net Fusion or Hughes Net direct to corporate classrooms.
Under-graduates also can apply-however the certificate awarded would be certificate in Advertising & PR/Post Graduate Certificate in Advertising and PR, on finishing graduation.
>> Selection Criteria
1. Marks obtained in Graduation level / 10 + 2
2. Career Plan as documented in statement of purpose
>> Placement Assistance
Placement assistance would be provided to students successfully obtaining the certificate. It means that MICA would share the list of advertising agencies and provide reference letters to the certificate holders in order to assist them in placements. Placement assistance does not mean that MICA would be responsible for getting the candidates placed within a given time frame.
>> Class timings & days
Tuesdays & Wednesdays - 7:00am to 8:30am
>> Course fee
Application Fee: Rs. 1000/-
Programme Fee: Rs. 70000/-
Campus Fee: Rs. 7,500/-
Registration Fee: Rs.1750/-
Total: Rs. 79,250/-
Please contact the Admission Coordinator for fee structure for international applicants.
DD for the application fee ,program fee and registration fee will be in favour of ‘Hughes Communications India Ltd’ payable at New Delhi and
DD for the campus fee (Rs. 7500/-) will be in favour of ‘Mudra Institute of Communications Ahmedabad’ payable at Ahmedabad.
Campus visit date will be announce later.
>> Important Dates
Application Closure Date: September 15, 2009
Limited seats are available. Admissions may be closed before the final date if seats are filled early. In case you are shortlisted, you are requested to make payments immediately.
** Terms and conditions apply. HCIL / Institute reserve the right to reject any application. Fee once paid will not be refunded.
Program fee does not include the cost of the books / course / study material. Books (recommended by faculty) to be procured by students directly. Incase of course / study material to be supplied by the institute the same needs to be purchased by the students by paying the DD of the declared amount directly in favour of the institute.
>> Required Documents with application
1.All academic records - 12th std mark sheet, Graduation & Post Graduation (if any) certificates
2.Statement of Purpose (in about 200 to 250 words)
3.Professional records or Experience certificates
5.One Passport size photo pasted on the application form
The application will be rejected in the absence of any of the above documents
>> How to Apply
- All the forms should reach HCIL Gurgaon by 4 PM on last date.
- Fees once paid will not be refunded under any circumstances.
- Delay in bank loans etc will be individual's responsibility and no delay will be accepted on this account by HCIL / Institute
- No batch change is allowed under any circumstances and Institute’s decision will be final in this regard.
- Any delay in reaching the forms due to postal or any other reasons will be individual's responsibility
- Service Tax if applicable will be charged extra from the participants