About The Programme
The analytics industry in India is growing at a rapid pace. Industry segment that started as IT Enabled Service (ITES) in the late ‘90s now spans not only ITES but also Business Process Outsourcing, Knowledge Process Outsourcing, Business Intelligence, Knowledge Management and Market Research.
The present market environment is beset with complex problems, yet opportunities galore than ever before. Marketing managers need to make strategic decisions about various issues pertaining to the organization’s marketing problems: segmentation, new product launch, pricing, competitor analysis, advertisement effectiveness, packaging options and so on. This program on Data Analysis in Marketing Research focuses on the objective ways of arriving at the accurate and useful information through the application of data analytical tools to assist strategic decision making.
The program leans on practical and non-technical approach and will be dealt through the sophisticated data analysis software SPSS/PASW and aims at providing good understanding and hands-on experience of the application of appropriate data analysis tools that are imperative in making effective decisions.
- The program is structured to prepare students for a successful career in Research
- It would enable participants to analyze multivariate data with appropriate method and interpret the results
- Participants will learn to use SPSS/PASW software for analyzing data
- Participants will be able to develop the strategies based on the findings of data for managing organization
- Students will gain a working knowledge of the research industry, the role of analytics and its relationship to strategy building
Schedule & Duration
Duration: 1 year
Schedule: Classes will be conducted on Monday and Tuesday 7.00 am – 8.30 am
Application Closure Date: 5th March 2011
List of Selected Candidates:10th March 2011
Date of 1st Installment:15th March 2011
Who Should Attend
Working Professionals and fresh graduates who seeking careers in the research and data analytics field, may apply for the programme.
Eligibility: Graduates in any discipline with min. 50% marks
Professor Vina Vani will lead the programme along with select faculty from MICA.
Application Fee: Rs. 2,000/-
Programme Fee: Rs. 70,000/-
Registration Fee: Rs. 1,750/-
Campus Fee: Rs. 15,000/-
Total Fee: Rs. 71,500 + Rs. 15,000/-
- Programme fees are payable through DD drawn in favour of “Hughes Communications India Limited”.
- Campus fee is mandatory and will be payable by student directly to “Mudra Institute of Communications Ahmedabad”.
- Fee once paid is neither refundable nor transferable towards any other student/programme/batch
- 1.Introduction to Research & Analytics
- Marketing Research
- Introduction to Data analytics and it’s role in decision making
- Data collection- primary and secondary
- Data Management: coding, entry, validation and cleaning
- Data Summarization: Tabulation, Cross Tabulation, Frequency distribution
- Analysis of variance
- 2.Multivariate Data Analysis-I
- Regression Analysis; Simple and Multiple Regression Analysis
- Logistic regression
- Interaction detection methods
- Cluster analysis
- Factor analysis
- Discriminant Analysis
- 3.Multivariate Data Analysis-II
- Conjoint analysis
- Correspondence analysis
- Multidimensional scaling
- Structural equation models
- 4.Forecasting Methods
- Moving average and Exponential methods
- Decomposition method
- ARIMA models
- Presentation and report writing
- SPSS/PASW alternatives: PSPP, R, etc
- 5.Data Analytics @ Work
- Users will be encouraged to download an open-source alternative to PASW for working on hands-on case studies for this component
- Practical Implementations
- Step-by-Step on Case Studies - Data Acquisition & Cleansing, Data Processing & Data Modeling, etc
- Working with Clients
- Data Analytics for Management
- 6.Project – Practical Implementation
The teaching approach will be highly interactive using technology to the fullest. The pedagogy will include a combination of presentation, cases, and exercises in small groups, simulation, case analysis, interactive discussions, and hands-on training on the latest version of SPSS/PASW. Individual feedback will also be given.
The course aims at skill as well as perspective building for Junior and Middle level executive in the Data Analytics Industry. The program enables participants to foster objective data analysis strategies, apply critical thinking skills to data analysis, generate and validate solutions to a problem and communicate findings concisely.
MICA will directly award the certificate of “Post Graduate Certificate in Research & Data Analytics” to participants who complete the programme successfully.
MICA will also offer Alumni status to its successful participants.